Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bro is SB

So for those of you who don't know me in person, my real first name starts with an S, and my last name with a B.  My initials, therefore, are SB.

My dad, a middle school principal, once told me he knew he'd "made it" as an educator when he found "B**** sux" written on a bathroom stall. I had a similar experience the other day.

 I have a fifth-grade class that's composed mostly of delinquents. Not bad kids, but they care more about screwing around than learning. The other day I walked into class to see written on the classroom wall in giant letters "BRO IS SB". Now, one would think "Why, yes.  That's the least creative graffiti I've seen in my life."  And that's what I thought at first.

Then I mentioned it to my Chinese coworker. She laughed and told me that SB, when read by a Chinese speaker, is pronounced "Sha-Bi" which means "Stupid Cunt".

Then she told me to stop signing with my initials on homework sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment